Noise problems again!!!!

Schecterplayer

Ok im seriously about to throw in the towel with recording.... Heres the history. I bought a audiobox usb and i worked well but it developed the worst high pitched noise hissing. I had no inputs and it wasnt my speakers. I bought a tascam us 200 interfacE and that helped alot. But the noise is still there no matter what. This time its only when i plug in a mic. Phantom power on and its clean but when the mic is in its noisy. In a silent room. Im now at school and was given the recording engineer job and i was trying out an m audio interface( cant remember name right now but its around 300 bucks) i constantly hear a high pitched whine while recording with phantom power. Im startig to think there is absolutely no way to get near silent recordings or even just somewhat silent. I hate doing the research, wasting time and money and all that shit. Im seriously in need of help here. Dont tell me about ground loops or shit like that cuz im positive its not that. Please someone shed light

Not sure if you have done this in another thread, but could you post a mp3 of the noise ?

I'm also assuming that you get the noise regardless of which condenser mic you use.

I would bet that it's the usual digital earth loop hiss/static between the USB interface and the Computer. Which I have answered many times on this forum. You need one of these between the monitors (or monitor amp), or if you are using a mixer between the USB device and the mixer).

Do a forum search for "Digital Earth Loop" and find all my answers.

Alan.

Is it common for the noise to come and go in cases of an earth loop? Im recording an album for a friend and we did a guitar track that was noisy and a vocal track that was clean. Can different interfaces give different noises?

Hello, unfortunately I bought the same sound card and I encountered the same problem. The problem due to the phantom power on the card that makes noise when you turn. I solved by buying a separate phantom power supply for the microphone but I will change as soon as the sound card. I hope my post can help you. Hello Angex

Back