No sound with zoom r24

logr

Hello!

I’m using the zoom r24 with windows 10 but can’t seem to make it work. Neither with cubase nor when I try listening through it using Spotify, YouTube etc. I can’t hear anything.

I’ve installed the latest driver and chosen it as standard input/output in windows. However I don’t have any monitors at the moment and was wondering if this could be an issue?

Shouldn’t it be possible to use only headphones as output? In that case, how?

I really appreciate any advice on this!

AFAIK you do not need the complication of Cubase to start with. Set as Default Play Device in the Wnidows Sound control panel, all computer sounds and WMP should be heard.

Get to that point and THEN worry about Cubase (which will need ASIO drivers?)

Dave.

AFAIK you do not need the complication of Cubase to start with. Set as Default Play Device in the Wnidows Sound control panel, all computer sounds and WMP should be heard.

Get to that point and THEN worry about Cubase (which will need ASIO drivers?)

Dave.

Sure! I’m not worrying about cubase at the moment, just trying to get it to play back any kind of sound but it doesn’t... do you know if only using the headphones could be an issue?

Thanks for your reply!

Sure! I’m not worrying about cubase at the moment, just trying to get it to play back any kind of sound but it doesn’t... do you know if only using the headphones could be an issue?

Thanks for your reply!

I don't have an R24 but... " In the past, I've found Zoom's products bafflingly hard to operate in some areas, and the R24 is no exception. Instead of intuitively finding my way through all of its operations, I spent too much time asking myself various questions like "Why can't I hear the drum pattern I just selected?"

From Tom Flint' SoS review ^ so it would seem you have some reading and menu jumping to do?

The use of headphones should not matter in the least AFAIK.

Dave.

Headphones or monitors should make no difference. I'm assuming you're familiar with the normal operation of the R24 (basic recording and playback).

Did you set the R24 as Audio Interface mode? If you haven't done so, download the R24 Audio Interface Manual.

Instructions for setting up that mode is at 2:30 in the first video below.

A couple of things here. Yes.....the R24 should work just fine with only windows....but will still have to be set up as an audio interface. When you connect the USB from the R24 to your computer........it should prompt you by asking if you want to use it as an AI. Just hit enter 3 times....or until you see the display give you bit rate info. The other thing is to be sure the grey knob to the far right of all the pre's will affect what you hear.....DAW or Direct........and the small switch right above that knob also affects what you hear. To be safe......set the knob in the center position and the switch to the right (phones only). That should insure that you get sound in your headphones and in any monitors you use. Once you get your sound output in your headphones.....move the knob around and you'll begin to see how it works for volume....etc. Lastly......there's a small black knob (on the back of the unit) next to the output jack for your headphones (and another one for the output jacks to your monitors). Make sure both of those are turned up.

Er? I SAW the control aside the headphone jack and I did think....?? Nah!

Dave.

I saw that too and thought 'why would you put such an important knob like that at the back of the unit where it is inconvenient and hard to get to?'

I use the R16 as an AI and you guys are right. However.......the grey knob on the front panel to the far right of all the pre's also acts as a volume control (in a strange way) for both the cans and the monitors. The volume controls on the back can be set to max (or wherever you want) and left alone....basically.

I use the R16 as an AI and you guys are right. However.......the grey knob on the front panel to the far right of all the pre's also acts as a volume control (in a strange way) for both the cans and the monitors. The volume controls on the back can be set to max (or wherever you want) and left alone....basically.

Thanks for clarifying. Maybe not such a dumb idea after all.

Back