no sound in audacity

grh

I have been converting cassette to digital for the past few years with no problem. I have a cassette deck, behringer u control, and audacity. Out of the blue, I see the audacity wave recording like normal, but there is absolutely no way to hear the recording during the conversion process, when audacity is converting the cassette. Everything is set up just how it was for the past few years.

Last edited:
Do you have monitoring turned on?
Googled- "To hear your music in Audacity while recording, make sure software playthrough is enabled on the Audio I/O tab of Preferences, then click in the right-hand recording VU meter with the microphone symbol, which turns on "monitoring". Click in the meter again if you want to turn monitoring off."
Dale

Been a while since I played with Audacity, but is 'Software Playthrough' ticked off? Also 'Click to Monitor' in the record VU meter may affect playback monitoring.

Attachments

• audacity.jpg
    audacity.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 4
Been a while since I played with Audacity, but is 'Software Playthrough' ticked off? Also 'Click to Monitor' in the record VU meter may affect playback monitoring.

Thanks, I will try this. If it still does not work, should I uninstall, and reinstall audacity

I found out it was my cassette deck, that has something wrong with it, and now will not play any tape. Thanks to everyone for there help.

The heads are fine, and the tape deck is only two years old. I am going to have it repaired. it plays tapes to fast, or does not play them at all.

Back