No input signal on Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB

Hi everyone,

Yesterday everything was working smoothly but today, I have no signal from all of my 8 inputs on my Clarett.
The outputs are ok, when I playback some audio in VLC, Google Chrome or my DAW (Pro Tools 12), everything works fine.
But no input anymore, I can't recording anything (instrument, mic or line signals).
When I say no signal I mean NO SIGNAL at all. Nothing from the 8 inputs.
So I have updated everything : Windows 10 and the Focusrite drivers. But no luck.
Everything is configured well in the Focusrite software control, I checked it up several times. I precise that the problem appeared before updating everything.
I have contacted Focusrite support but still waiting for an answer.
Has something like this ever happened to you? If yes, how did you fix it?
I thought it was a software problem but I begin to ask myself if the inputs are physically damaged... Even if there was no shocks at all, no thunderstorms the past week.
Please help if you can :)
Thanks a lot

Is this the 8pre? Nothing shows on the units meters?
Post a screen shot of the Mix Control setting. Will mean little to me but might to someone here.

In Desperandum, try another computer. Anything W7 or later with USB 2.0 should work.

Dave.

Is this the 8pre? Nothing shows on the units meters?
Post a screen shot of the Mix Control setting. Will mean little to me but might to someone here.

In Desperandum, try another computer. Anything W7 or later with USB 2.0 should work.

Dave.

Thanks.
Here are 2 screenshots : 1 for the input settings, the other for the output settings.
I plugged a guitar on input 1 and a mic on input 2.
Nothing appears on the units meters when I play guitar or sing in the mic with gain knob at maximum range.

Attachments

• input.PNG
    input.PNG
    27.9 KB · Views: 9
  • output.PNG
    output.PNG
    56.7 KB · Views: 7
You probably don't want LINE lit up for a mic do you?, or is that irrelevant when an XLR is plugged in, and that just a radio-button type of control (i.e., one or the other must be selected)? My old Saffire has hardware buttons so they don't show up in the Mix Control app.

I guess the question is whether you can clip the pre (red light?) on the interface by cranking the gain there. Is that what you mean by the "units meters?" Looking for life at the first stage of the interface first, and then the DAW. That would show, at least, that the preamps are working on the F'rite.

Is there still that weirdness with some input level in Windows Control Panel audio messing things up? Did you check the Control Panel settings? (Not a Windows user now for almost 4 years.)

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that this issue has been resolved by Focusrite support.
It was not a software/digital problem but a hardware one.

I have no extra information about what was precisely the trouble but they asked me to send the unit back to their services and shipped a brand new one to me in a record time.
Honestly, their support service is exceptional!

I'd like to know the long and short of it but I'm not pretty sure they will tell me what was the hardware failure after opening the unit in their workshop. We'll see :)

So now I can work again smoothly with a full working audio interface :)

Thanks everyone for your help!
Cheers

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that this issue has been resolved by Focusrite support.
It was not a software/digital problem but a hardware one.

I have no extra information about what was precisely the trouble but they asked me to send the unit back to their services and shipped a brand new one to me in a record time.
Honestly, their support service is exceptional!

I'd like to know the long and short of it but I'm not pretty sure they will tell me what was the hardware failure after opening the unit in their workshop. We'll see :)

So now I can work again smoothly with a full working audio interface :)

Thanks everyone for your help!
Cheers

Thanks for the update. Even in the best run companies, 't'appen and the measure of the company is how and how fast they deal with same. Many firms simply go into 'lockdown/denial'.

No, I doubt they will tell you the problem..."Dirty washing" and all that swaddlin!

Well done Focusrite.

Dave.

Back