Newbee help needed - Computer recommendations?

I do not do music, but have done hundreds and hundreds of 1 hour prerecorded "talk" shows, starting back when an "AV compatible" 550 MEG Maxtor SCSI drive cost $1000 but did the trick.

I can load and edit WAV and MP3 audio files (recorded on a digital recorder) on a nice old Dell laptop running Windows XP. I bought a refurb ($150 -was $2300 new!) specifically to keep using older versions of Adobe Audition that I know very well. I mix up to 4 tracks. I could record on it, but I have concerns about fan and hard drive noise.

A month or so back, some guy on eBay had a Microsoft Surface 3 with a dead touch-screen that otherwise worked for $69 shipped. I got it to try out with Adobe Audition 3 and it works great and is silent. This lets me added needed commentary directly, saving me a lot of time.
Now I've just ordered another 100% working Surface 3 with docking station for $300.

I tried a couple of cheap W/10 tablets before, but the"throughput" or whatever you call it could not handle the needs of audio.

There are now Surface Pros that may work for you. My non-Pro 3s are all I need.

Back