New to recording on computer, whats a good audio interface for between $40-$70.

Stubby03

I have a HP Envy dv6 notebook, windows 8, 64-bit, I5 processor with Mixcraft 6 installed. This computer is soley for recording. I don't have a lot of cash to spend on an audio interface. What is a good interface for between 40 and 70 dollars. Thanks

What are you trying to record - microphone, instrument? Details! There's not much of anything in tha tprice range except things like the Behringer UCA202. Look for something used on ebay, but you may have problems finding something that has W8 drivers.

I am recording guitars/bass and vocals for now. Will be recording drums in the future. I know I will need a interface with multiple inputs, but for right now, I just want to get started. What interface will get me going without spending 200 bucks or more.

...whats a good audio interface for between $40-$70.

None. Dont waste your money.

There are several in the $150 range from Focusrite, Steinberg, etc.
Get into the $250 and up range and you can talk doing drums with 8 inputs.
Shop the sales and save your pennies instead of buying junk you'll throw away.

+1 These are just good plain words of fact.

+10

A $200 interface with multiple channels is so much more expensive if you have to buy a $70 interface first:D

Google for the Lexicon Alpha. Its about $60 bucks and is perfect for a home hobbyist. If your looking for a start, I recommend you check out this package, it comes with the interface, a great Lexicon reverb plug in and Cubase LE to get you started. Opinions aside, for a completely entry level solution, I don't believe you will find a better deal. The only caveat I see is being sure it would work with the software you already have if you are not willing to use Cubase. Best of luck!

Ok Sounds like I better wait and save for a good interface. Thanks for all your help. I have been working on the drums, thru looping. It will bug the heck out of me to have to wait for a interface. I might use the condenser mic I have, and record some guitar and bass thru it, till I can get a good interface.

Back