New Mackie Spike

Bloodbought

Has anyone heard about this yet? What is your take? "It consists of the XD-2 USB 24 BIT 96khz Audio/Midi Interface, high headroom Mackie preamps and onboard SHARC dynamic processing, incredible Tracktion multitrack audio recording software with unlimited track count and VST plugins and the Nomad Factory Blue Tubes Warmer Phaser plug in. Quite simply the easiest system for computer music production" (This was an excerpt from Mackies site. www.mackie.com
Anyways, most of this is foreign to me also, but I figure some would know to explain. Thanks.

I guess the thing is your typical USB I/O device, but it also has built in realtime effects/dynamics processing that you can use for recording. They can be controlled by an app in windows. For instance, I'd like to record with a little compression when I record bass/ vocals. Instead of using an insert and an outboard compressor, I guess I could use the built in dymanics the thing has. Sounds kinda cool but it's gonna probably be 375 street price when it comes out. I just wish there was something around $500 that was USB 2.0 or a cheapie Firewire gadget....

Back