New DAW component advice

Wannaplay

I am ready to upgrade my computer for audio recording to a new P4 2.6G possibly with 512 RAM and an ASUS P4P800 deluxe board, 40gig and 120gig HD's, and the Echo Mia soundcard. I've been reading that a good case, fans, and esp. powersupply are important. Any advice as to which case/fans/ps to get for this setup? I already have a western digital 120 HD,a Pioneer DVD burner and the Mia card and would like to get all the rest already put together. Would like to have firewire capability and I just don't want to buy hardware that is going to crap out or burn up quickly. Any help would be appreciated.

Considering the case, anything is fine as long as you dont expect overclocking the processor, Dont forget to get the silver compound for yoru processor. Considering fan get something that blows pretty good cubic feet (30) with less noise (less than 25db) In powersupply better to get a Aspire which has two fans with fan controllers buit in, so you can reduce the rpm while recording.
Little expensive though, but 100% reliable (will not fry your mother board)
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...=58&manufactory=1998&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

Thanks Jeyan, What is the silver compound for my processor?
Do you think it's better to go with the 500 watt PS instead of 350-400 watt? Thanks again.

as far as the power supply a 400W should be plenty, the only reason you'd want more is if you plan to upgrade, ie powerful graphics processor, new motherboards/processors that will in the future require more juice, but not for nothing you should have that machine for a while.

As for case... check out silent cases if you can, as this is pretty much going to be the only important "consideration" that will differentiate...

This site has some neat tips on all kinds of stuff: www.buildsilentpc.com

Anyhow, have fun building.

Regards,
Rich
Radium Reactor

Back