need help interfacing

scubd

First off I searched the forum threads and didn't find the answer to my question. I'm not new to forums, just this forum.

Here is my issue. I recently have become interested in producing music for hobby and enjoyment. It began with a Roland Serato DJ-202. That lead me to purchasing FL studio which lead me to purchasing an AKAI MPK Mini midi and thats when I spirialed. I bought the Behringer X32 and a new laptop and some studio monitors and a decent mic and headphones. I couldnt leave it at that so I built a studio space in my house with a recording booth. As i have begun reconnecting old connections and making new connections I am having trouble recording and I think it has to do with how I have things wired up. My midi and dj pro and mixing board are plugged into the computer. the studio monitors mic and guitar cords are plugged in to the mixing board. I also have my audio from the computer coming out of a speaker jack and going in to and AUX imput on the board so i can hear what I'm working on. I can make beats in FL Studio and hear them when I have the audio settings set to use either FL ASIO or Asio4All but if I cant record the Audio that I can hear from the mic. What I get is a metallic sounding static. If I use the Behringer ASIO I can record audio from the mic well but I cant hear the beat, I can only hear instruments that are plugged in to the mixer. I can see in FL Studio in both cases that audio is coming through but I cant seem to get the two to meet. I know there must be a way for the behringer to work well with the DAW but so far it is beyond me. Also I cant imagine that I should have to have the sound coming from the computer through a headphone jack and rerouting that to an aux channel in the board. PLEASE HELP. I realise that I have probably gone about this entirely wrong and I'm willing to listen and this is driving me crazy.

You should be able to get the laptop to send its output via USB back to the X32. There should be no need to go out the headphone jack.

The metallic sound is typical of a feedback loop, so there is a routing problem there, most likely that your laptop output is coming into the X32 then back into the laptop.

Check your FL or laptop settings to make sure ASIO is selected for output. You will then have to check the X32's routing of the returning signal to make sure it doesn't go back into laptop

Audio to and from the X32

Back