Need help getting my midi to work

Moonstorm

Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble getting my midi to work. I used to record through audio, which seemed to be easier, but I know midi is better. I have a compaq laptop with WIN XP, a Tascam US-122, a Korg Triton LE, and a Ensoniq SQ-1. I can't seem to get the Korg or the Ensoniq to work through the Tascam. Im using an old Sound Forge (4.5) program and I swore it was setup right. So, I decided to look through the Korg Triton manual (incase it wasn't set up right) I changed most of the settings, but I swear to god that you need a thesaurus and dictionary to figure out 1/2 of what they are trying to say. Still, no recording or sound through my monitors, except basic computer sounds from the laptop. If anyone has any info. and helpful hints they could share to get me recording, please let me know. I've had 3 people with their own recording studios try to help me figure out what to do. Nobody could help me get setup. I must be a challenge for all.

Hope you can help,
Moonstorm
(A.K.A. Seashadow)

www.myspace.com/seashadow1

Are you sure Sound Forge has the ability to record MIDI? I haven't used it in years, but my recollection is that it doesn't. I believe it is an audio only program.

Back