My next album is being made on IBM's Big Blue

pathetic

Hello:

First off, I don't know a goddamn thing about making music on my PC - that's why I am here. OK, now, I want to make simple tunes on my PC by using sample sounds either downloaded from web sites, or uploaded from my CD-R. I just recently got sound forge, but am very disappointed by its inability to mix all my samples into one. Though I only played with it for a few minutes or so, I am pretty sure that it just doesn't function the way I had hoped. So now my question turns to... what next? What software should I get that will allow me to combine a whole lot of samples together into one final mix, song? Say, for example, I have a drum loop, and I want to combine that with four other samples to form one union. How can one go about doing this, and will sound forge ever be able to help me? Sound forge seems just like a sampler to me; however, I need to combine multiple sounds together in addition. And what could I use to program my drums? But remember, think cheap. Thanks if you can help at all.

You are right, Sound Forge is a stereo editor. Vegas is good for arranging/multitrack recording, but Acid is probably more what you are looking for. Download a demo of Acid, it may be just the thing for you.

Acid will open your mind mannn.:)

Back