on my knees begging for help

HazardX

i recently purchased a terratec phase 88 and i'm trying to run gigastudio 160, cakewalk, and soundforge. what i want to do is to lay audio tracks over samples in cakewalk. i can't seem to get the audio and nemesys drivers to work at the same time.

when i run gigastudio and then run cakewalk, the nemesys drivers are present, but the audio drivers of the phase 88 are not. when i run cakewalk outside of gigastudio, the audio drivers are present, but the nemesys drivers are not.

while in gigastudio, if i take the 4 nemesys ports offline (by switching the sampling rate to something different than what the card is set in it's control panel) the audio drivers are present, and i'm able to record or playback audio; but the nemesys drivers aren't selectable in cakewalk.

in the rare case where both the audio and nemesys drivers are listed and selectable while running gigastudio and cakewalk, i'm not able to record from the audio drivers. i receive and error like this,"the driver does not support the selected sample rate or bit depth." even though both cakewalk, the phase 88 control panel, and gigastudio are set to the same sample rate and bit depth.

i've tried several gsif/asio output combinations in the phase 88 control panel multiclient menu, but nothing has worked. when i try to set the clock to "external" i get "no signal" i have no idea if i'm supposed to get a signal or have the card be the timing master.

right now, system sounds have even ceased to function out of the phase 88 as well when i haven't changed anything. i'm ready to pull everything out of my machine and call it quits. please, someone who has experience with similar equipment/software help me.

Back