Which Monitor goes well with my specs?

RichyRihc

I am very amateur – Just getting started.
Long story short, sounds stupid, but I just found out that my current computer has these specs (See below) so I will be using it to get started and maybe get a new computer in few years or when needed.

So what monitor should I get to go with it?
I was thinking 27 inch, but could go 24 or 32 (max b/c of space).
I’ve done little research – Is 4K or 1440 better suited?
Would like something under $500 but I can spend more if it’ll make a difference.
Not looking for good-enough budget monitor. I want something pretty decent.

Eluktronics P650RS-G
2.60 GHz Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core
32 GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM
512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
1TB HHD
8GB GDDR5 VRAM NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 + G-SYNC
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Focusrite 18i8
Cubase 10 Artist

Can your PC run two monitors? I know you have space limitation but my experience with Cubase is best with two. I actually use 3 but my space isn't limited. I have one stacked on top of the other two.

Just a thought.

I would go as big as you can with a single. I have two 27" and a 32. All are just 1600x900

Aw ***k! I thought this was about SPEAKERS!

Anyhoos, lot of peeps are going for humungous FSTVs these days via HDMI. Easily good enough for DAWs even if not top line gamers.

Dave.

That graphics card can easily support a couple 4k monitors. Whether you'd get your money's worth out of them if all you're doing is audio is the question. Now, if you plan to do any 4k video work, then you should definitely get a 4k monitor.

I'll second the notion for two monitors. 24 or 27 inch, either way. Personally, I have two 22" and don't feel the itch to get bigger ones. I'm space limited as well and so I have mine stacked on top of each other....

If you only want a single monitor, take a look at the Acer ET322QR, I am using one and find it very good - I do video post on it as well. Dual monitors, definitely the ducks guts if you have the space and money. I am in the same boat as you, don't have a lot of space to play with.

As for your computer, I think it will serve you for a long time to come, it has some better specs than mine! I am using: Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz, 16GB DDR3, 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4x 2TB HDD.

Just to show most ideal option I am posting this pic.

If space is an issue, new versions of Cubase are making it much easier to share space/windows in a single video monitor. But man, I would be so annoyed if I didn't have this... But I am a real estate who**. Let's call it I am I am lucky to have the space. :)

Spoiled maybe...

Attachments

• Monitor Setup 2019 (2).jpg
    Monitor Setup 2019 (2).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
i had the same research / problem last week when my monitor broke (Panel damage)
i had a 24 inch full hd wich was pretty good for me. Yesterday arrived my new 27 inch
and with this monitor i work on a bigger distance - almost 1 meter

I'll throw another +1 at dual monitors, if you have the money/space.
I have a pair of 24" Samsung Syncmasters that I got cheap from ebay. Nothing super fancy but I have no problem with them.

I have them about 2' from my face and the monitor speakers tight either side. Fairly compact little mixing space. :)

Cubase 10 has ability to split screen and see multiple things at once on one screen, but I can only imagine how cramped that would feel on a small monitor.

A little DIY work and you can stack monitors. Or if you are in a small space close to back wall you can buy mounting hardware.

More looking for specifics on which one to get...

Doing almost all audio recording BUT I want to do some video editing. I dont mind spending a little extra for a nice crisp screen.
Example of why I get frustrated when checking - Cant figure out why Dell U2718Q which is 4K (UHD) is less expensive and looks worse than S2718D which is QHD (NOT 4K).
This stuff is so confusing to me.

Cant figure out why Dell U2718Q which is 4K (UHD) is less expensive and looks worse than S2718D which is QHD (NOT 4K).

Where are you comparing the monitors? Stores have been known to change the settings on one monitor to make it look worse than the one they want you to buy. If you can, look at the monitors side by side, then make sure both are reset to factory settings.

Or... there might be times when a better spec'd piece of hardware doesn't perform as well as a lesser unit.

Back