[SOLVED] Mixer Not recognized Windows 10

Dusibud

Hello

So I've been trying to figure out why my Soundcraft EPM6 isn't being recognized by my computer. I followed a youtube tutorial on how to hook up a mixer via rca, which lead to me getting an error along the lines of "Not enough ASIO output channels available." Not knowing what that was about, I began getting pretty frustrated, but then realized what was most likely causing the problem. I somehow or another uninstalled the drivers or something for my scarlett interface, which was working prior, and I got the same error when trying to use it in fl studio 20. Upon reinstalling the drivers, my scarlett went back to working normally. So basically I think I've troubleshot it down to my EPM6 just isn't being detected by my computer even with the official drivers from the Soundcraft website. It still knows something is being plugged in, because I get prompted to choose if it's a line in, headphones, etc. I choose "line in" because that's what the tutorial said to do. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers many times, but again, I'm getting that error I mentioned earlier.

So basically to sum it up, my Soundcraft EPM6 isn't being recognized in fl studio 20, and I'm at a loss to why. Even with the official multi channel soundcraft drivers or whatever, it keeps giving me the error message.

Thankyou in advance to anyone who chips in any advice on what to do to fix this.

Best Regards,
-Dusibud.

You can’t use the Scarlett and the soundcraft at the same time. One or the other. This might also explain the too many Asio channels. Why are you selecting line in? I’m guessing it’s because you want to plug the soundcraft into the Scarlett?

Isn't the EPM6 purely an analog mixer? There's nothing for a computer to recognize. All you can do is feed analog signal into/out of whatever audio interface is connected to the computer. If you have a 2 in, 2 out interface, that's all the computer will recognize.

What he said ^^

I can't see that the EPM6 has any digital output, so it can't be recognised as an input device.

"how to hook up a mixer via rca," - this would be using the computer's internal soundcard. So, no, FL would not see the mixer as a device.

I was following a tutorial, which said to use line in
I would post the link to the tutorial here, but I got an error saying I can't yet. rip.

I'm attempting to make the soundcraft work by plugging it in from the "record out" into my headphone jack on my computer, which then prompts me to choose which device I plugged in. So basically, no. I'm trying to plug the soundcraft directly into my laptop. It looks like from the other replies I got that I won't be able to use my mixer because it's purely analog, which I didn't know.

Gotcha. My dad originally got this mixer but never knew how to use it, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'll try plugging it straight from the mixer into the scarlett with a trs cable. Do you think that'll work?

Plugging the mixer into the scarlett will work, but won't be of great benefit.

You can plug a number of devices into the mixer, but you will only get left and right outputs coming out, so everything will be mixed together. This maybe ok for you, but most times, you would want to keep things separate.

Cool. So I should be able to record my drums with all 6 inputs on my mixer, right? I don't think it'll matter if it's all together since it's drums.

You can record a stereo mix of your drums, which is more than what you can do with the Scarlett alone, so that's useful. You won't be able to remix the drums in software.

I see. I will purchase a trs cable and hook up my mixer from there. Thanks to everyone who replied! I really appreciate it :D

Back