Thread: Mixer Cards vs Interface Cards

Thanks

Mixer Cards vs Interface Cards

Sign in to disable this ad
    As I begin to educate myself on PC interface cards, it appears the M-Audio cards are "mixer" type cards. The last paragraphs of the user manual state "if you use an external mixer", then speak about their cards being the mixer type.

Please forgive the naivete on my part if this is dumb question.

What are the names and model numbers of cards that are simply interface cards for multiple input channels?

I'm searching for hardware/software that will input multiple balanced (XLR) channels into my computer for live, multi-track recording.

Thanks
    I think what you are saying is that you want to plug your microphones directly into the computer. For this, you will need an interface that has built-in mic-preamps...these will amplify the signal as the microphone itself does not put out enough volume. Do a search on the Aardvark Q10...it has 8 xlr inputs, each with a mic preamp.

The delta series does allow you to plug audio sources directly into your computer, but if you are using microphones you will need to plug them into a mixer first to run it through the preamp, and then plug your mixer outputs into the delta box.

hope that helps a little

trogdor
    TROG-DOOOOOOOR!!!!
    www.rayjonesspecial.com
    www.a440studios.com

Thread Information