Melodyne Tempo Freak Out

Snowman999

Normally I'd say it's me. But, I'm not this stupid. Up until today Melodyne has worked perfectly. I copy the Pro Tools Tempo into a new song on Melodyne, import the guitar and vocal and it plays perfectly.

Yesterday I spent a long time recording main vocals to three songs, and today I started 3 new songs in melodyne and all three the tempos are insane. Nothing is playing correctly. I reloaded songs I've worked on, and they play fine.

The clearest example of freak out is a song that's tempo is 70bpm. The song is 66 measures long. When I import the guitar it spreads out to 132 measures. Which in my mind says it should be 140bpm. It's doubling the tempo. But, when I drop in the vocal it's the proper length, though it does slow down and speed up from line to line.

Anyone ever had this problem? I have an email out to celemony. But, they probably won't answer till tomorrow.

Thanks

Celemony answered my question by explaining how to set up a tempo in a new window. I kept explaining that's exactly what I do.

Finally, I sent them via dropbox the melodyne file + the guitar.aif + an aif exported out of that file. I haven't heard back. I'm betting they're scratching their heads right about now.

I figured out my own solution. I leave the tempo blank and allow it to change from measure to measure. Since I'm just fixing notes there's nothing fancy going on. In the past, when you export a track from melodyne that didn't have a set tempo, it wouldn't fit back into Pro Tools properly, the timing would be drastically off. For some reason it's working perfectly this way.

Back