Thread: Melodyne Tempo Freak Out

Thanks

Melodyne Tempo Freak Out

Sign in to disable this ad
    Normally I'd say it's me. But, I'm not this stupid. Up until today Melodyne has worked perfectly. I copy the Pro Tools Tempo into a new song on Melodyne, import the guitar and vocal and it plays perfectly.

Yesterday I spent a long time recording main vocals to three songs, and today I started 3 new songs in melodyne and all three the tempos are insane. Nothing is playing correctly. I reloaded songs I've worked on, and they play fine.

The clearest example of freak out is a song that's tempo is 70bpm. The song is 66 measures long. When I import the guitar it spreads out to 132 measures. Which in my mind says it should be 140bpm. It's doubling the tempo. But, when I drop in the vocal it's the proper length, though it does slow down and speed up from line to line.

Anyone ever had this problem? I have an email out to celemony. But, they probably won't answer till tomorrow.

Thanks

Thanks
    Celemony answered my question by explaining how to set up a tempo in a new window. I kept explaining that's exactly what I do.

Finally, I sent them via dropbox the melodyne file + the guitar.aif + an aif exported out of that file. I haven't heard back. I'm betting they're scratching their heads right about now.

I figured out my own solution. I leave the tempo blank and allow it to change from measure to measure. Since I'm just fixing notes there's nothing fancy going on. In the past, when you export a track from melodyne that didn't have a set tempo, it wouldn't fit back into Pro Tools properly, the timing would be drastically off. For some reason it's working perfectly this way.

Thread Information