Major Computer Problem

TravisinFlorida said:
when you moved the sound card to a different slot, did you make sure that it was'nt sharing an irq with the video card? you should figure out a way for your sound card to have it's own irq.
Yeah, it did have it's own IRQ in the device manager when I moved it.

how does your pc run otherwise? i mean besides the issues with your recording software? do you still get high cpu usage with the sound card disabled?
The PC didn't seem to have any noticable problems.... Although someone on anoteher message board said that my media player was using a lot more CPU than theirs was, but at least it wasn't skipping like it did in my recording programs.

-tkr

Markaholic said:
as i posted before..i knew it was the hard-drive!
Glad to see ya back up and running again :D
Haha! Yes you did. :D

I still don't know for sure that it was the hard drive, but it is working now and that's all I care about. lol! Hopefully it'll stay working as I add all of my stuff back on.

-tkr

Ok, it appears everything's good to go now. Everything is installed again and it's still working...... YEA!!!!!

Installing my Aardvark soundcard brought the CPU and paging indicators in Samplitude down to 0% with peaks at 1% for playing back one wave file (much better than with the onboard sound). I'm still not totally sure what caused it, if it was the C drive, whether the IRQ's sorted them selves out during this installation, or if it was something completely different..... But it's working now and that's all I care about! :D

Thanks a TON for all of your help guys! You have no idea how many computer problems I've had over the last year or so (enough to write a book I'm sure) so it feels great to get this thing back up and running again. :) :)

-tkr

Back