Thread: Mackie ProFX10v3 question

Thanks

Mackie ProFX10v3 question

Sign in to disable this ad
    Does anyone here know anything about how the USB 3-4 switch works on one of these mixers? The manual is pretty much useless. It tells what the controls are but not much else..This one has me stumped. It is supposed to(I THINK ) feed a signal back from the computer to channel 9/10 when pushed in so it can be sent to the main mix (I guess for pre-recorded backing tracks to be used during live shows). I am using this mixer as an interface. Thanks

Thanks
    Page 31 of the manual I downloaded has a 'block diagram' for the ProFX10v3. This block diagram is the roadmap for following signal flow through the mixer. It will tell you all you need to know. Simply find the 'USB3/4' Inputs in the block that has the 'Stereo Channel 9-10 CH' and follow the lines to the 'Main Bus'. The signal path leaving the Main Bus goes to the Main Output as well as 'USB In L/R' (sends signal back to the DAW). The Main Bus is normally to the Phones and Control Room Out by a switch (Direct Monitor to Phones/CR). The large empty triangles are 'gain' blocks. The small black arrows in the connecting lines indicate the direction of the signal flow. Having the block diagram in the manual is extremely helpful and Mackie did well to include it.

Some people have found getting USB 3/4 fed into the mixer to not work. I believe it may be that their DAW is not setup to include the routing of USB 3/4. The USB 1/2 is for direct monitoring to the phones and control room and does not go to the Main Outs.
    Mark.......

Thanks
    Its section 28 (page 15) of the manual: https://mackie.com/sites/default/fil...ProFXv3_OM.pdf Basically, it overrides the 1/8" input to put the USB from the computer to the mixer.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    Thanks for the info...I think the problem is the mackie drivers...The asio drivers lists channel 3 and 4,the mackie does not....How do I disable the mackie drivers so I can use the Asio drivers? Thanks

Thread Information