mac studio interface and mixer ?'s

dumbass intern

I'm a sound recording technology student at depaul university in chicago and I'm interested in setting up a "project studio" in my apartment. I recently bought an dual gig G4 and a pair of alesis m1 active monitors. I'm not really worried about mics right now. I've been considering an analog mixer with a digi 001 interface, and I've also been looking at the digi 002. As recording is going to be a lifelong thing for me, I want to get gear that I can still use further down the line.

about the digi 002: how is it as a stand-alone mixer? can I use other sequencers like Digital Performer with it? my concern is that it will become obsolete or it won't be adequate for use with D.P. or sonar.

I hope to use the equipment for a wide variety of applications including tracking, overdubs and mixing.

I'm really open to any suggestions, I want to know any good options before I sink all of my hard earned money into something.

thank you in advance for your advice!

I dont really like protools stuff but I think its not very compatible to other software...its kind of a stand alone deal. But protools will probably be around for a long time to come. It claims to be the industry standard.

Back