Mac compatible audio interfaces?

Mooky69

Hi,

I’m using a quad core mac with a focusrite scarlet 2i2 interface running Logic Pro X
I’ve just made a mistake with updating my iOS to Catalina and everything’s gone south...
what ever has caused it I have no idea but the Interface no longer works, it keeps cutting out and restarting it’s self. I’ve put it on my laptop and pc and same issues so I know it’s the hardware not a software issue.

I’m now in the market for a new audio interface and need to know about compatibility issues with various audio hardware with the Mac can anybody please help me in this area. I’m looking around £200-£400 to spend but if there are some little gems out there cheaper then I’m all for it.

Cheers for all your replies in advance

I found this on their support page My Clarett / Saffire / Red Interface isn't working on Catalina / Mojave / High Sierra – Focusrite Audio Engineering.
I haven't done the update, and probably won't anytime soon.A lot of people were experiencing problems across a lot of different interfaces with the updates. If that page doesn't help, you could try calling their tech support. (Presonas/Focusrite) They may be difficult to reach considering the Covid scare. You can also try this Logic Pro Help - Index page It is a good place to get answers to questions that are Mac/ Logic Pro X related. Good luck.

Yesterday I read for the second time the review in soundonsound of the MOTU M2/M4s and was impressed TF once again. The M4 especially has me drooling for another interface but since I have both the NI KA6 and an old F'rite 8i6* (and other stuff) I really cannot justify shelling out another 200 sovs.But I WANT one!

I cannot but think a company like MOTU would cover all the current OS types around?

*See 'Contributions'

Dave.

Since you're having the same issues on other computers/platforms, I agree that the issue is hardware.
I imagine the timing is a coincidence.

Motu have been very good with MacOS updates over the years.
They have Catalina info here.
Presonus are another one with good MacOS support. Can only find per-interface info but here's an example.

According to Focusrite all their 2i2 models are Catalina compatible - See here.

Back