Lynx One vs Lynx Two

ChristopherDawn

Has anybody used both? Are the Lynx Two converters worth the extra cash?

You see, the reason I'm asking is because I run scenarios through my head where I actually have enough money to spend on these things and I like to know in my fantasy world if I would be getting a big enough step up in converters to justify an extra $500.

ChristopherDawn said:

You see, the reason I'm asking is because I run scenarios through my head where I actually have enough money to spend on these things and I like to know in my fantasy world if I would be getting a big enough step up in converters to justify an extra $500.

lmao i do the same thing...except i don't post it publicly!!

from reviews i've read on this topic the lynxone was good but the lynxtwo puts it in the realm of standalone AD/DA

with that said i have the lynxtwo C clocked to a Lucid Genx6-96 and i'm not planning to upgrade my AD path probably ever!...unless of course i fall into some real money and even then i would upgrade everything else first before the A/D converters....

Lynx and Cakewalk 2002

Hello-

Teacher, anyone:

I too am looking hard at the Lynx, the Lynx One.

I am tired of wondering if my Edirol UA-5 is cheating me out of great sounds or not. I know it has the AKM converters and all but...you know.

I am worried about the Sonar 2.2 problem I read about here with dropouts, and the fact that I have Home Studio XL 2002 which is older (now) too.

Are there any stories or advisories from anyone with the combo I am planning (Lynx 1 and Home Studio XL 2002) ?

Also in the meantime, can I get by with what I have with skillful use of EQ?. I always read about great sound cards giving whiter whites and better colors, better low end, etc. I know its all in my ears and whatever is lacking I will make up for with skill (ha !) but this soundcard envy is driving me crazy. I am very stingy about buying gear but this time I'm not resisting.

thanks

Another option is the Lynx L22, which seems to have the same converters and bandwidth as the Lynx Two - just limited to 2 ins an 2 outs like the L1.
I haven't seen anything about the L1 converters pro or con, and only praise for the L2's.
L22 is $650 and the L1 $420 - the extra $230 is probably worth it. I think I'ma gonna buy me one for xmas.

Re: Lynx and Cakewalk 2002

Alanfc said:
Hello-

Teacher, anyone:

I too am looking hard at the Lynx, the Lynx One.

I am tired of wondering if my Edirol UA-5 is cheating me out of great sounds or not. I know it has the AKM converters and all but...you know.

I am worried about the Sonar 2.2 problem I read about here with dropouts, and the fact that I have Home Studio XL 2002 which is older (now) too.

Are there any stories or advisories from anyone with the combo I am planning (Lynx 1 and Home Studio XL 2002) ?

Also in the meantime, can I get by with what I have with skillful use of EQ?. I always read about great sound cards giving whiter whites and better colors, better low end, etc. I know its all in my ears and whatever is lacking I will make up for with skill (ha !) but this soundcard envy is driving me crazy. I am very stingy about buying gear but this time I'm not resisting.

thanks

i'm not sure HSXL2002 supports ASIO..cuz i don't think lynx has developed WDM for either card...

Re: Re: Lynx and Cakewalk 2002

Teacher said:
i'm not sure HSXL2002 supports ASIO..cuz i don't think lynx has developed WDM for either card...

Oh No...

crap

I'll call Lynx & Cakewalk tommorrow

thanks for the info

Re: Re: Re: Lynx and Cakewalk 2002

Alanfc said:
Oh No...

crap

I'll call Lynx & Cakewalk tommorrow

thanks for the info

lynx has beta version wdm for the lynxtwo card....you can also email lynx too...phill and dave will answer promptly

One more thing on LYNX

I noticed these differences between some of the specs on the

Lynx One and the Lynx 22

Lynx One:
·Two 24-bit/50kHz Balanced Analog I/O
·24-bit/96 kHz Digital I/O
·Flexible Synchronization

Lynx 22
·Two 24-bit/200kHz Balanced Analog I/O
·24-bit/96kHz Digital I/O with Sample Rate Conversion
·Multiple-board audio data routing and sync

What I notice the most (other than the price) is the

50 khz in the Lynx One and the 200 khz in the Lynx 22. These are different from the sampling rate KHZ figures right?

If the figures are different, can anyone tell me if those KHZ differences mean a difference in sound quality?

And Teacher, et al, you run Lynx and ASIO on Windows Machines?

(BTW, I'll be upgrading to Home Studio 2004 which supports ASIO now)

Thanks

Last edited:
Back