Looking for Professional Rock Drum Samples, as well as Orchestra Samples for EXS24

pisces7378

I have the EXS24 software sampler... and I am interested in building up a COOL as professional quality sample library. However I am totally inexperienced with Samplers. TO be honest I had never even thouched one until eMagic let me "borrow" the EXS24 for 4 weeks until my rial offer expired. But I fell in love with it. If I had known about the EXS24 two years ago, I would have never bought my Roland JV 1010 sound module.

So I am looking to buy some professional sample CDs in four areas...
1. Really High Professional Film Sountrack Quality Strings (Orchestra).
2. Some incredibly realistic professional quality drums. (Not Techno, R&B, Hip-Hop, or Rap... I mean samples of acoustic sets for playing rock/alternative music)
3. Professional Electric Bass guitar sounds. (Not all pop and slap Seinfeld bass guitar... just some really smooth realistic bass guitar sounds again for rock/acoustic)
4. Ambient sounds (windy, sweepy, trancy, meditation type sounds... maybe something Asian... something with Sitars and monks, all that kind of shit. Weird cool sounds.)

Where in the web can I find these kind of PROFESSIONAL quality samples? I have gone to some music stores here in Munich, and man... those samples are all shit. You can try them out before you buy them. First of all, they are all hip hop/techno dance shit oriented. Second, there is NOTHING around here in the stores that I would use as orchestra sounds to score a film or make lavish backing strings.

Any tips on what the pros use? I mean every book I read on film scoring says... you will need a sampler and a huge supply of samples... But they neglect to say where you should get those samples from. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Back