Looking for a free, easy-to-use program.

dogbiscuit

Hi all,
Does anyone know of a good free and easy to use audio sequencer that I can recommend to a novice friend to lay down a track for me? I just want something no-nonsense so she can just import a song and lay down a vocal track for me.

Of course reaper isn't actually free is it? It just doesn't have anything to physically force you to buy it once the evaluation is up....

So its free? :D

Kind of like what WinZip used to be like - I haven't had to use it since Windows XP came out, but back in the day it claimed it had a 21-day trial period, but I would load that program every time, and it would count the days... and at day 417 it would still go right in and work :confused:

So its free? :D

Kind of like what WinZip used to be like - I haven't had to use it since Windows XP came out, but back in the day it claimed it had a 21-day trial period, but I would load that program every time, and it would count the days... and at day 417 it would still go right in and work :confused:

So it's free from the point of view that you can steal it easily.....

If you can download it legally, and use it, and it doesn't expire, you're not stealing anything. It's an "honor" system.

So it's free from the point of view that you can steal it easily.....

they could easily disable it after the trial. It's hardly stealing to use a program how it was intended. If there is nothing in it that keeps you from using it after the "trial period" then it's the developer's fault if they have a problem with it.

they could easily disable it after the trial. It's hardly stealing to use a program how it was intended. If there is nothing in it that keeps you from using it after the "trial period" then it's the developer's fault if they have a problem with it.

So i guess if someone leaves the keys in their car and you steal it, then it's their fault....

As for the "as intended" statement, read the licence agreement.....

For complete moral handwashinessability, I believe reaper versions 0.99 and previous are free forever and will certainly record and edit just fine

So i guess if someone leaves the keys in their car and you steal it, then it's their fault....

As for the "as intended" statement, read the licence agreement.....

Not unless you're told you can drive the car free of charge for however many days and then are nagged every day afterwards to buy it.

Dear lord, people... if the software "expires" and continues to work, then the developer is obviously fine with it being used beyond that point - and they hope that people will send in donations, essentially.

As for other free software, and since we are getting dangerously close to the free vs. "free" debate again, you should talk to DAS19 - he openly steals software, and if you need PC stuff, he is only confused as to where to find illegal Mac software... windows: he's all set.

will reaper work with my firepod. I lost my cubase disk and my computer is begging for a reformat/reinstall.

any suggestions?

Back