Thread: looking for the deal

Thanks

Wink

Sign in to disable this ad
    I am looking to get a new system so that I can run a few tracks of didital audio. I am interested in buying only what I need so that I can save my non-existent cash. I already have a nice monitor, cd-rom, disk-drive and soundcard - so really I think I need to buy a new hard-drive, a new motherboard w/ a processor, and RAM. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I go to procewatch.com and buy what I need there. I am looking to get about a 200mhz - I only wish to run 4 or so tracks of audio. Thanks

Ld

Thanks

Wink

If money is an tight you might want to buying refurbished and used PC parts to upgrade your current or build one from scrach. I searched Excite and hotmails classifieds and found good deals on pre owned and new parts such as a motherboard, memory, har drives etc., and I built my 400MHz PII with 8.6gig hard drive for a little more than $350(I got the monitor free). If its a 200MHz you want you should be able to find a good deal on a motherboard. If you need tips on putting together a computer from scratch go to->http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/7903/compon.html

Thanks

Wink

Pricewatch is a great tool....but there's a big problem! Shipping. You can find great deals on specific components from various vendors, but you'll pay a minimum of $10-15 for shipping from each...really adds up. The trick is to find the vendor (or at most 2) who has the best deal on everything. This can take hours and will change daily.
    Never forget to check the big boys either, sometimes you'll be suprised (esp. PC Mall)

As far as the rest goes. Why don't you post EXACTLY what you have down to the case and the someone can give more specific advice as to what's good and what ain't.

Slackmaster 2000

Thread Information