Logic Express 7 vs. Garageband 2

melodiousmonk

I've been using Garageband since it came out to record my music. It has really been the best investment I ever made because it is so easy. Anyway, I got tired of it stopping tracks while I was recording so I got Logic Express 7. The version I got would only create three tracks in stereo and then everything else would only be mono on the left side. No matter what I did I couldn't change that. Has anybody else encountered that problem? Anyway, I got Garageband 2 when it came out and was originally skeptical because it looked the exact same as Garageband plus a few buttons. But after working with it for a couple weeks/months (I'm really not sure how long it's been, I haven't been outside my studio since then.) I think I like it better than Logic Express. I had always heard and thought from experience that Garageband is a cheap piece but now that I've tried GB2 and Logic Express, I think Garageband 2 is the better, although this could be due to the faulty version of Logic. Let me know of your experiences with either one and which you prefer.

Back