Live performance

lowgitek

Hi guys,

I'm just bought a Delta 1010LT card as it has a nice price and seems to have excelent reviews by everywhere.

My question is... I don't know if I bought the right card for the right work, but here it I go...

I pretend to use it as a mixer with nuendo or other software (I need a recommendention on this also) with a real mixer a yamaha with 24 inputs, in my local church.

My problem is, I don't know what the best program to use in thuis function, we need to insert effects in live and also use it as a compressor and all the other stuff. I don't know if it is really possible, I bought also a preamp with xlr inputs to get that rca inputs with enough level.

I have no ideia what would be the minimum system recomended to have, or in a best cenario what is the recomended pc configuration.

The board didn't came yet, I'm very ansious, as my creative live is a piece of a trash for that I don't know if I'll find solution on m-audio board, and if it is the perfect solution.

What do you say about this guys? Wich software is recomended for live performance, recording also, mixing it up and etc.

I have googled for it for some days but I couldn't find a real anwser for that.

Regards,

Elton

I don't know what your abilities are financially, but a mac with Logic Pro7 and a motu 24 I/O would be your perfect solution. There is a huge church where I'm from that seats about 2400 people and that's what they use.

ImagoStudios said:
I don't know what your abilities are financially, but a mac with Logic Pro7 and a motu 24 I/O would be your perfect solution. There is a huge church where I'm from that seats about 2400 people and that's what they use.

I bought a M-Audio 1010 LT, and I will use it on a P3 866, we are thinking to use nuendo on it. I don't know if it is a good choice.

Regards,

I could be totally wrong, but I thought that I had heard that Nuendo is a pretty processor hungry program. I use cakewalk sonar live with soft synths (2 at a time) and my cpu usage is pretty low. However, I am running a Pentium-M 2.0Ghz Laptop with windows XP. The 1010 LT will not be what will hold you back, but the computer might somewhat. Be sure that it is running windows XP and that you have done a bit of tweaking to it for audio. Search around this forum for setting up XP for DAW's and you will find a lot of info about it.

Back