Linux.

demensia

www.lukemacneil.com
I understand that windows recording software is far ... far superior to linux recording software, but does anyone know of a *nix based multitracker thats worth looking at...

Right now I dual boot win2k and redhat 7.2, and to be totally honest with you, I cant fscking stand windows.

I want to minimize microsoft usage as much as possible...

thanks.

demensia.

I'm not really into Linux, but I know a few people who are. As of now I have heard of no multi-tracking software for Linux.

As for hating windows, it's really not so bad once you are assimilated. Just close your eyes and murmur -

"Yes, Bill is God..... Yes Bill, you can have all my money.... ummmm, blue screens, my favorite color..... "

I have been using Linux since the days of the 0.96 kernel release, and still use it heavily. Unfortunately, there is nothing on linux remotely like the current set of music production tools on the Windows platform. Dual boot isn't so bad if you get what you need out of each system.

Dual Bootin is all good until you want to host a website, or an ftp server or something...

If played with a few multitrack apps but they all suck.. Ill check out that link above after Im done posting this.

As for Billy Boy...... well, Id rather not get into it.

Whoa there! Do I interpret correctly that you want to run multi-tracking software on a computer that is also acting as a webserver?!

I wish you luck. My computer maxs out easily enough when highly optimized for audio and running nothing but the audio software. Linux is a fatanstic OS for what it is, but I doubt it will give you good performance with that kind of use.

Back