Kontakt, 2020: what do you do with it? Do you use it?

DO you use Kontakt's libraries? Which types? Do you make your own samples, or use samples from other vendors? What do you like or dislike about it.

I have an old Kontakt, and I am considering upgrading to K 6. I am wondering how the current quality of the stuff is, and whether most folks are using it to play other products or mainly NI's own stuff. The sale ends 07 Dec..
Thanks ;)

They have a free Kontakt player. But if you buy some of the plugins you may find out as I did that they only play on the purchased version of Kontakt which is about £250.00.

I have quite a decent library - I started out more interested in orchestral libraries, but have added all sorts - and really like the Spitfire stuff. In real terms, the non-kontakt stuff can be equally good audio wise, and results all depend on the quality of the samples, not the player you use. The big Kontakt libraries just have good selections - and now I have more and more weirder ones. I don't have any use for dance music or modern stuff, but the guitar stuff is getting better and better. Spitfire and others are now doing more products outside of Kontakt which again, just seem dependant on the sample quality. Buying Kontakt really increased my output without doubt. My only annoyance was with the poorer integration of the applications that didn't pay the money for integration, but just recently I discovered how to make these sound sets come up within the Kontakt selection system by adding them to the factory instruments, which saves faffing around loading files.

+1 To Spitfire Audio. I really like a lot of the stuff available that works in the Player.

Rob, adding sound sets only works in the full version I would assume?

I see that Komplete 13 is on for about $200, and includes everything but a cow. Guitar Rig, Kontact, a zillion synths, etc, pianos, effects...... I think I'll do that. .... Pause... Is there any reason that it would not have fun with an older Studio One version, 2.65?

They have a free Kontakt player. But if you buy some of the plugins you may find out as I did that they only play on the purchased version of Kontakt which is about £250.00.

I'm not sure if you are referring to NI plugins or second-party ones. I know some other vendors write stuff which works only on the paid Kontakt. I notice that the free Kontakt works with Windows 7 and the paid version is W10 only, maybe that is the difference.

I think it might work in player - but easy enough to try copy the library into the factory sound section and pop them in the instrument folder. I can't comment on the player as I don't have that?

for 200 - that package looks really excellent value.

I've gone through the process to download Komplete Start [which includes Kontakt Player] and I wait some hours until the download is available to my "Native Access" file, on my computer. What a convoluted system. Anyway, once I get the thing loaded to the file, how do I get it to play nicely with Studio One? Anyone?
Thanks

Back