Komplete Audio 6 Signal Echo/Reverb?

Almost, but quite off topic, I bought a Presonus Firepod in the early days (around 2005) and it has served me well since then. At that time, I didn't know much about interfaces, nor about what sort of functions they should have.

In my quest for a future replacement, I've come to realise that, by accident, the Firepod had some features,some or all of which I find to be lacking in the current crop of interfaces.

1 A physical knob to control the balance between monitoring and play back (over all channels!).
2 Separate headphone and out level controls
3 Combo XLR/TRS inputs on the front panel, so that you make use of them, rather than scrabbling around the back of a rack to change things
4 Gain controls for channels away from inputs so you don't have to find the knob through cables
5 Line outputs for all channels, as well as main outs and control room outs
6 Inserts for channels 1 and 2 (into which I can plug my Dbx without having having OP's issue
7 DIN MIDI in and out

I was the accidental beneficiary of these features, because I didn't know what to look for at the time. But they sure are hard to find all in one unit now.

Is the Firepod still running? If so I would start saving for an RME unit. A good look at the various models should find most of the facilities you mention.

But I know what you mean about 'legacy' gear. I have a Beringer BCA2000 in the loft. The AI has never been offered since by anyone at anything like the price (even 3 times that) To list but a few features...

Two mic/line inputs but the high impedance in was on another jack and switch selectable. Thus you could go from mic to guitar and back in a trice.
Mic gain controls PLUS 80mm faders like a mixer and very quiet pre amps.
48V on individual mic ins(I think)

ADAT I/O

Two independently controlled H/P jacks
Continuous source/PC control
80mm output fader
Dim and mute.
MIDI in, out and thru'!

WHEN it worked the sound quality was excellent but build quality was not. I repaired on mic channel one (NE5532 SMT) one time but other things then failed. Drivers were ***t!

There is (was?) an SPL machine with similar features but four times the price. (the 'Crimson'?)

Dave.

Is the Firepod still running?

I have a Firepod and its immediate successor, an FP10. The Firepod is still going strong. The FP10 is ailing. But both work in Windows 10. I bought the Firepod new in 2005. The FP10 I bought off a friend in around 2011.

Back