Keyboard mixer

ecc83

KL-8 - Radial Engineering

I have seen many posts over the years for suggestions for a mixer to allow the connection of multiple sources, often from synth'ists.

The above looks very much the business? $700 but a lot of stuff "gathered together". You don't get USB I/O on many mixers and MIDI DINS are like hen's teeth!

My only really bitch is the unique power supply needed. How many old mixers and other nice bits of kit have gone in the WEEE bin for the want of a specialized PSU? Radial should, IMHO have put the DC-DC converters in the tin and used a bog S 12 volt DC supply. Or, other manufactures of gear in that price range manage to include a universal SMPS and just need an IEC cable. (even BELL ringers!)

Dave.

Agree about the PSU.

I think the mixer is a good idea, but it also strikes me as being a solution that doesn't quite match the problem it seeks to solve. For example, other than the top of a digital piano, most keyboard tops is where all their controls are on the top, so no room for the mixer. You would need the rack in which to mount it.

Sounds great. I think you may need a multi-functional keyboard designed for purposely this job. Visit any of Yamaha keyboard stores and show them your specifications. I am sure you will find a great solution

Back