Just bought new Mackie PROFX16v3 mixer - how to send outputs to my soundcard?

Skyline_UK

I'm enjoying this new mixer, replacing my aged (but more sophisticated Tascam 2600...) but the USB connection in my opinion is lame. To achieve it you have to go into Windows Control Panel and change the sounds device from your soundcard (in my case an RME Aio) to the Mackie 'device'. On my old Tascam I just sent a couple of outputs from the desk to the Aio.

Has anyone got a ProFX, 2 or the new 3, and can advise? Many thanks!

John

It sounds like you've already solved it by going into your Windows settings.

In the recording software I use I can select drivers and devices independently of the Windows settings. So it probably really depends on what software you're using with the mixer. And you could probably still use your AIO if you wanted.

Many thanks. I'm using Cakewalk and Studio One. I can't see anywhere in Cakewalk which lets me toggle between two different sound devices. To save visiting Control Panel I tried sending to the AIO using two Aux Outs. That seems to work ok. We'll see.... !

You can only have one active USB audio device at a time, it's a Windows thing. You should probably do the same as your old device - send the outputs of the Mackie to the RME, it's AD converters are surely much better than the Mackie.

Back