Interface question?

Fyre

for about the last 3 weeks i have been to what feels like every site online looking for the soundcard that would fit me the best. I am a hip hop artist and i only record one track at a time. I plan on buying a pre-amp, mic, and of course a new soundcard. My question is this what soundcard can i get that gives the BEST sound quality with minimal inputs/ outputs. Im looking to spend around $200

So far i have choosen the Delta 44 Digital Recording system, I would also like readback on this interface
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base_pid/701346

its $150

I use the 44 & it's a great card.

However if you only need to record 1 track at a time, have a look at the M Audio Audiophile. They're $50 cheaper, & you could put the money towards a nice preamp like the DMP3

I looked into the audiophile and i was going to get that one at first until i realized that it only has RCA jacks. Are RCA jacks a lower quality connection then 1/4" iinputs or does it really matter?

RCA's are fine unless you're running long cables or have an electrically noisy environment.

The background noise in your recording room - traffic noise, cpu fan, people walking around upstairs etc - will have much more impact on how high the noise floor gets in your recordings

Back