importing yamaha AW4416 tracks to computer

hrocks

I have a yamaha AW4416 didgital recording studio that i would like to use to export tracks to my computer to do editing and mixing. Can anyone give me an overview of this? For instance the method for exporting, what type of input device do i need and the right software program. Thanks!

Hey there... I'm about the only regular here that uses the AW4416... you'll need to track down a program called "AW extract" which can be found at download sites with a bit of googling. It's freeware.

You back your song up to CD(s) in the AW4416, then pop the CD(s) in your computer, and run AW extract and it will pull all the individual track files out and plonk them wherever you tell it to. You can then easily import them into your DAW software and edit away.

It's a very old program, and takes its time but it works just fine and is, to the best of my knowledge, the only way to get your individual track files out of the AW4416. No input device required. I should say that this only works on PC. There is no Mac version (I believe...).

Let me know if you can't find the aw extract program - I may have the original file somewhere.

Luck...

I'm using aw2816 and got some killer sounding mixes out of it but felt it was time to try computer recording (mixing and mastering with plugins and what not). That program Armistice spoke of works really well. Just don't do a full export/back up, only back up one song at a time.

On another forums people spoke of real time 8 track capture using ADAT and lightpipe but it was over my head. Now that I've transferred everything to my daw I don't think I'll be recording on it again but I am thankful for it's limitations that forced me to really learn and hone my skill.

I am trying to learn how to record sequenced tracks from a Motif 7 sequencer into the Aw4416. How do you set up the routing on the AW4416 to receive tracks individually? I know how to midi the two but the routing is a problem. Can anyone give me some pointers or web sites or indivisuals that own a AW4416

Does anyone know of any other software besides AW Extract-apparently it is no longer available. I really would like to import into Cubease if possible

I have tried AW Extract-couldn't get it to work-said it couldn't read the file-does anyone know how to set up an MY8AT I/O card? Thought I'd get one of those and try going into my Focusrite Saffire interface then into my pc via the Focusrite Firewire out-Just wondering if that would be a nightmare to set up!

You were trying to read the sing file off an AW4416 back up disk yes? Not anything else?
I've had no problems with AW Extract, it does exactly what it's supposed to do.
Can't help you with your other question, and I think I was the last user of this machine on this board.

Hello, newbie here. I've recently acquired an AW4416 and have bought a 60 gig hard drive for it. I've installed it and it formatted but when i go to the mastering page and select "Disc at Once" i get an error message that say's "SCSI Error". that is it. it is a used hard drive, seagate. any help would be totally appreciated. thanks.

No-one's going to help you when you bury your query in someone else's thread. Ask your own question. I've got no advice and there are no other users here that I know of.. and I'm an ex user. It's an old machine.

Hi Armistice, I saw your posts here on the AW4416, and wanted to know if you know of anyone adding some kind of card/hardware to the AW4416 to allow a connection to an SD card or any other type of media that is easily read by a Windows laptop, so I could bypass the CD-drive, since most of the new laptop no longer have CD drives?

Back