iMac and Lion and pro-tools 10

kcearl

I see deaf people
just bought another mac (dunno why lol) did they introduce lion in secret as it seems half the developers aren't ready for it??....even apples own logic won't work on anything under version 9 lol

I think Im also going to try the pro tools route (god Im bored)...but ill wait until they catch up with the new OS, anyone using 10 yet? opinions?

It's always the way. Apple release a new version no ones ready for it.

I'm sticking with PT V9. I don't have the money or a good enough reason to upgrade. New features look useful, but not a few hundred quids worth of useful.

Gonna stay on snow leopard too. I used to upgrade as soon as an os was released, but now I just stay with what works as long as I can.

Still haven't updated waves since i was on 10.5.2,lol . Graphics glitch out like fuck but again, it's money I don't have.

mmm yeah i have leopard on my macbook pro but this came with lion installed...i don't have much mac software so its no great loss so far...I can get pt9 pretty cheap, it would end up being my 4th DAW and I barely use Logic as is, but I just have a desire to learn it...I suppose I could go the cheaper m-audio route dunno

whats 9's strong points? do you use anything else?

cheers mate

No sweat dude. good to see ya btw.

I don't use anything else. I'm one of those "home comforts" people. Definitely stuck.

Sadly PT9s strong point is that it's just about up to date with every other daw going.

They added ADC in PT9 which was a huge seller for me. Elastic pitch and elastic time are fookin sweet. Flexitime in logic I think?

Other than that it's just a preference/compatibility thing i think.

Other than ADC, I've never thought "I wish Pro Tools could do ***".

yeah i kinda thought its not going to do much spectacular.....i guess i just like learning software and am still looking for the perfect match up with Ableton Live...I could just use logic but my main daw is a PC and because of the UAD cards Im unlikely to change completely....

Im liking the Mac though...if i had a bigger apartment Id maybe set this up as a mixing mastering computer

You've got too much time or money, or both!

Doesn't sound like a bad plan. I got a macbook pro in the end. Couldn't be happier with it.

well Lion is a piece of shite...any videos, youtube etc, freeze it solid...thought I may be the only one but Ive found dozens of internet complaints of this dating back to july

and this was meant to be my internet computer as well...grrrrr

Try this.
Update to 10.7.2 and do the following.

Go to mac hd / library / internet plug-ins

Delete Flash Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt
Download this, close all programs and install.

Empty trash
Reboot

holy shit, seriously?

Take it you've done the usual...Firefox/safari update? Flash/java updates?

yup...im looking into it right now...the last complaint about it ive seen is september so hopefully theres a fix...im on the latest Lion update and just downloaded the flash player two days ago...half assed OS

yup...im looking into it right now...the last complaint about it ive seen is september so hopefully theres a fix...im on the latest Lion update and just downloaded the flash player two days ago...half assed OS

Sorry. changed my response there.
Hope it helps.

cheers steen...it looks like my Lion update didnt work so Im going to try it again

being a brit i just like complaining :)

Try this.
Update to 10.7.2 and do the following.

Go to mac hd / library / internet plug-ins

Delete Flash Player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt
Download this, close all programs and install.

Empty trash
Reboot

must spread......

cheers buddy, all systems go.....

Back