iMac having trouble running Protools

Mip

I recently got my Mbox2, and am running it on my iMac G5 (2GHz Power PC), with 1GB RAM. It seems to have trouble coping. In one session I have a stereo track running BFD virtual drums with 2 extra inserts, 4 guitar tracks with no inserts routed to an auxillary channel with 2 inserts to colour the 4 guitar tracks. I am getting alot of error messages saying that i'm running out of CPU power. I thought my iMac would have no trouble doing this. So what's the solution? Are there any settings I can change to help the computer cope? Would extra RAM help? Or do I have to upgrade my computer (I'm reeeeeally hoping this isn't the only solution). Oh by the way, the audio tracks are running from an external firewire drive.

Help please!

have you tried removing BFD, how does it run then?.....and what other plugins are you running?
what other programs are running?

go to Windows--System usage and watch as you add each plugin to see how much is adding to your system.

You shouldn't be having that many problems. I've been running a 1.8 Imac for almost 2 years and it runs like a champ. You've got all your settings correct, right? Buffer at 1024, cpu usage at 99%?

yeh, make sure your DAE buffer and CPU usage are set at something reasonable.

i'm running a 1.6 gig 512mb ram laptop and don't have too many problems running PT..

Back