I'm currently looking for an ATX motherboard without integrated sound

shaze58126

I'm currently looking for an ATX motherboard without integrated sound and graphics. Any suggestions? Or what would be the best motherboard?

There arent too many that don't come without sound. But you can always disable it in the BIOS settings.

ASUS has a great line up of motherboards. The P5Q, and it's various versions is an excellent quality MB.

If you really wanna save some money, look at thier discount line of MB's call AsRock.

Gigabyte makes some good ones too.

I don't think there's a motherboard out there without integrated graphics. Even motherboards with discrete graphics chips still typically have the integrated graphics cell in the northbridge, though it may be disabled and may or may not be actually routed out through traces to any of the video connectors. At least that's the case for all the recent Intel and NVIDIA chipsets that I've encountered. I'm pretty sure that's true for VIA chipsets as well, but I'm not certain.

On many of the newer board designs with discrete graphics chips, the integrated graphics chip also serves as a fallback for the discrete graphics chip, automatically failing over to the integrated graphics chip if the discrete controller can't be initialized for whatever reason.... (Obviously, this only refers to designs with discrete graphics chips on the motherbpard, e.g. laptops.)

The bottom line is that you're probably paying for it whether they put the connectors in or not, so you might as well get a motherboard with the connectors. :)

Back