How to make computer better for cubase daw

I have a dell optiplex 9010 and really don't know where to start as far as having the computer make cubase faster and able to handle large projects.I will provide any info you would need about the computer properties etc. Lately the computer has made cubase elements10 freeze- have false popup warnings and symptoms of cpu overload...i would like to buy some add on or hardware for the computer to solve this..it has 256gb ssd and an extra 500gb ssd. 8 gb ram.Intel i7...

I have a dell optiplex 9010 and really don't know where to start as far as having the computer make cubase faster and able to handle large projects.I will provide any info you would need about the computer properties etc. Lately the computer has made cubase elements10 freeze- have false popup warnings and symptoms of cpu overload...i would like to buy some add on or hardware for the computer to solve this..it has 256gb ssd and an extra 500gb ssd. 8 gb ram.Intel i7...

An i7 computer with 8gb RAM and solid state drives should handle cubase like a walk in the park.

I would look at what's on the computer to see if there is anything that's hijacking its resources.

I don't use Cubase, so I don't know how resource hungry it is. There are other DAWs that have a very small footprint that you might consider.

An i7 computer with 8gb RAM and solid state drives should handle cubase like a walk in the park.

I would look at what's on the computer to see if there is anything that's hijacking its resources.

I don't use Cubase, so I don't know how resource hungry it is. There are other DAWs that have a very small footprint that you might consider.

+1 to that. Doesn't sound like upgrade time.
More likely the demand placed has changed, or something is hogging resources.
An intermittent hardware issue, like failing memory, is possible but less likely.

If you can get some sort of resource monitor running and keep an eye on that, particularly when you're running a heavy session and especially just as it crashes, that might give you some insight.
I'd do that, and monitor CPU temperatures, before going any deeper.

Been a long time since I used Cubase (and then only enough to get it working for son) but I do recall a "tick box" in the setup to the effect "Allow other programs to use ******" or similar. Basically you could set Cubase as being in sole control of the computer or allow other things to share it. We found Cubase, "Eet done like dat!"

Might be worth trawling through Services and seeing if there is anything running that could interrupt things?

"Old School" I know but look at what starts up? You don't need Ms Office for example nor malware protection if you are offline.

We, son and I, have run Cubse Essential 6 on vastly weaker computers than an i7! (Pentium and 1G ram comes to mind?

Dave. Ooo! Jusfort...Graph cards, got one? If so can you pull it and run on MOBO graphs and don't forget Safe Mode.

I ran several tests with nothing showing up...the driver or zoom g5n interface suddenly stopped making sound out of nowhere and in one project it plays back and sort of loops on its own...cubase boots up slower than a few weeks ago. And some projects that took 10 seconds or so to show up now take 2-3 minutes..

How to make computer better for cubase daw

Robert Donithan said:
1 Minute Ago
I ran several tests with nothing showing up...the driver or zoom g5n interface suddenly stopped making sound out of nowhere and in one project it plays back and sort of loops on its own...cubase boots up slower than a few weeks ago. And some projects that took 10 seconds or so to show up now take 2-3 minutes

I redownloaded several drivers thinking that was the problem..audio interface drives...behringer uca222-zoom g5n multieffects combo interface and yamaha ur22 interface..someone on another forum said that maybe a windows update caused it and that i should try uninstalling the ones dated around when the problem started...but the majority of updates are uninstallable...so i don't know where to go from there...

Back