How to enable Focusrite Scarlett VST plug-in suit on Ableton??

themess

Bought the Scarlett 18i8 and it came with ableton lite. I'm completely stumped on how to set it all up. Downloaded the plug in off the website and installed it. Shows up in my program files under 'focusrite' and then through to 'resources' which is the only option in the folder aside form uninstalling it. But when I open it all up it looks like this (linked picture below.) Is that normal? Can't seem to actually open or use any of the contents.. When I go into able I went options>preferences>file folder and then under the heading 'Plug-in sources' I enabled the 'use VST plug-in Custom Folder.' From there I browsed for the plug in and clicked in it to open nothing happened and the plug ins still won't show up. Is this because I haven't downloaded it properly or something? VERY CONFUSED!! Would love to just get recording and technical barriers keep blocking me off. Someone please help!!!

Attachments

• scarlett plug in problem.png
    scarlett plug in problem.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 19
I just bought a 2i4. I just did this. I am completely new to DAWs so bear with me....in ABLE on the left side of screen there iss an arrow...click it.
Then you'll see catagories ......got to the plug ins one and click that
then look for the focusrite and they should be there. I hope this helps :)

Hi Guys,

If you are having difficulties with the actual activation process with any Focusrite software, please do give us a call and we'll be happy to walk you through the activation/licensing process. Our details can be found on our website (I can only post a link after my post count increases)

Many thanks
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support

Back