how do i flash the bios of my mobo?

lucid

i have an asus a7m266, and it will not work with my AMD XP 1800 unless i flash the bios... how do i do this?

Hi

Do you know how to use DOS? you'll need something called AWDFlash and the latest BIOS, both available from the Asus website.

The supplied manual with the mobo has a screen-by-screen procedure for BIOS flashing, at least my manual for my old Asus mobo did.

Sang

Tubedude:

Yes I'm sorry I didn't talk about that bit when I talked about flashing. It IS a very dangerous procedure, and needs to be done with a lot of care

However, there may be a way to have a backup for wrong flashing, which I'm working out now. I need an additional working motherboard and two discarded (but working) ROM-Bios chips. I'll post if something turns out. I'm pretty sure it'll work...

Sang

stupid time differences. you guys posted too late! but thanks anyway! the tech down at the store here had no clue what he was doing, so i basically went down to the shop and figured out how to flash the bios. figured it out quie easily, gladly i did not screw up my new mobo. now my new computer is sitting here, and i am tweaking her now... only problem so far: FUCKING NOISY!

oh, and for anyone who searches this thread out..

ASUS has a prog called "Live Update" for ASUS MBs.. it runs under windows and updates BIOS chips in realtimelife. Its great.

and if you run into problems and need to superbrute your bios... UNIFLASH is the greatest.

xoxo

Back