hook up mixer to soundcard/computer

goo

hey i was just wondering exactly what cables i need to hook up my existing 8 track mixer to my computer...i believe the soundcard on my computer is good enough to use. im not exactly sure how to go about this though or what cables to use. any help is greatly appreciated. later.

more than likely, your soundcard has stereo line input, which is what you will want to use to connect the mixer...you should have stereo outs of some sort on your mixer....these will likely be either RCA or or quarter inch jacks....you will need a cable that can take two mono signals and combine them for a stereo input...if this is your scenario you should be able to get the cables and possibly adapters you need at Radio Shack for not a lot of cash. you will need the tiny eighth inch stereo plug to go into your sound card...

yeah...radio shack can do anything..if they dont have exactly what you need - they can always order it.

i use 2 1/4" stereo's to 1 1/8" stereo for 1 mixer.
for the others...its 2 RCA's to 1/8" stereo.

shakrock,

I think what you last said might cause confusion, so let me ask:

You wrote, "i use 2 1/4" stereo's to 1 1/8" stereo for 1 mixer." You really mean two 1/4" mono plugs, right?

come to think of it.....thats what i SHOULD be using....lol
i just ran downstairs and checked, and they sure are stereo.....but it still comes out ok - should i switch or what? lol

thanks...haha

Back