Hi-z or Line in ?

ecyo

Hi,

I have Behringer Umc204HD audio interface. I play electric guitar. I bought a new Zoom G1 Four guitar processor. I plan to use Zoom G1 four for direct guitar recording. I want to connect my Zoom G1 four to behringer audio interface.

My basic connection :

Zoom G1 Four out (1/4 inch) to umc204HD in (1/4 inch)

But there are two options on 1/4 inch input of Behringer Umc204hd. These are Instrument and Line. Which should I select this buttons?

Thanks.

Hi,

I have Behringer Umc204HD audio interface. I play electric guitar. I bought a new Zoom G1 Four guitar processor. I plan to use Zoom G1 four for direct guitar recording. I want to connect my Zoom G1 four to behringer audio interface.

My basic connection :

Zoom G1 Four out (1/4 inch) to umc204HD in (1/4 inch)

But there are two options on 1/4 inch input of Behringer Umc204hd. These are Instrument and Line. Which should I select this buttons?

Thanks.

It probably doesn't matter but since the FX unit calls the output 'line' out I would use the line input(s)* of the 204.
But you have another option! The 204 has TRS inserts so armed with the correct lead setup you could run the FX in a loop, as per a 'proper' stooodio! In such a case the guitar would go into the High Z input.

* There are 2 outputs on a stereo, TRS, socket so you might want to consider feeding BOTH line inputs of the Behrry? Lots of option..Such Fun!

Dave.

Thanks for your great replies. I will try your suggestions. Especially fx loop option is interesting and great idea.:thumbs up:

Back