help mixer + amp

washburn10

hello!!
ive read this article on http://www.exhardware.com/reviews.php?Id=53
and browsed all your website, but i have a question

and i do have everything it said i need for a digital home studio:
A well equipped computer (K7 800 512RAM 40GB, CDRW, WINXP "NEVER CRASHES", although sometimes cakewalk does "drop outs")
A large hard drive to store all your digital data
A central "interface" where instruments or cables are plugged in to
High quality headphones/studio monitors (speakers)
Musical instruments and microphones
Good quality interconnecting cables
Software (cakewalk sonar 1.01)
-(4speakrs in the studio, 2 monitors inside)
-(12 channel mixer + the "interface")

also, i have the drums, 6 mic, 2 guitars 1 bass, 3 amps for them, and 1 extra 200W amp for the speakers.
to plug stuff on the mixer, i use the central "interfece" with lies inside the studio (i have an "aquarium" isolated form the studio with a windows glass)
as i have 4 speakers on the studio, i would like to plug them in the mixer and control each one individually... apparentrly i have to plugh the speakers on the 200W amp, so i can only control on the mixer the level of the microfone, guitars, etc,but i cannot control the speakers inside the studio individually. I really need to control each of the 4 speakers so i have no feedback on praticin/jam sessions. I though i could just plug the 200W amp on the mixer, and all the mixer would be amplified, so i could plug microfones and speaker directly on the mixer.
The bad thing is my mixer doesnt have a line out for each channel!! only:
1 stereo line out
2 stereo effec RTN (dont know what that is!)
2 stereo effects send
1 stereo tape in RCA
1 stereo tape out RCA
plus everything else (monitor and headphone)
as i said, i wish i could amplify the mixer, and plug all the studio's speakers on the mixer for better control!!
and the 200w amp only has 2 inputs! thats it! ant the red/black output for the speakers! no regular output!

this is what im doing, at least for jam sessions (not recording)

microfone>interface that leads to mïxer>mixer>amp>4speaker

that way i cannot control each of the 4 speakers individually!
what i wanted was:

microfone>interface that leads to mïxer>"amplified mixer">4speaker hooked to the mixer!

that way, i would connect the speaker on the mixer, and have better control!!

thanks for any help!

keep on rocking!

icq 24227587

Back