HELP - Midi Controller Problem w/SB Live in Win2K

solidElectronix

Hi. I desperately hope that someone can help me. First off, I own an SB Live! Platinum 5.1 sound card and I'm running Windows 2000. I also own the SB Live! Drive, which has a front end Midi IN/OUT interface with true DIN cable connectors as opposed to just the generic joystick/midi port (which is on the card itself). I recently purchased a KeyFax Phat Boy Midi Performance Controller and I'm having trouble getting it to work. I've tried it in Cubase and in Fruity Loops. The connection is simple and is as follows - MIDI OUT of Phat Boy to MIDI IN of the Live! Drive. Can't get the unit to respond in any sequencing software - the LED on the Phat Boy lights up fine though. (It might be damaged in some other way!?). When I was still using Win 98, the MIDI IN/OUT on the Live! Drive worked fine - ex) with an MC-303...however this is the first time I've tried establishing a MIDI setup with Win2K running. Could this be the problem? Lastly, In my sequencing software - I only have one MIDI IN option, SB Live! Midi UART - no idea what UART means. Hopefully someone knows something I don't, or has had a similar problem. I know this has been a mouthful.... sorry... hope someone can help. Thanks.

Back