HDMI KVM with USB hub with USB audio interface?

agrikk

Hello-

First post here so be gentle. :)

I have recently decided to take my recording software off of my main PC and rebuild my secondary PC as a dedicated DAW.

In that light I'm trying to leverage a lot of my existing stuff by splitting it between both PCs: keyboard, mouse, monitor and my M-Audio M-Track Quad USB interface with a pair of KRK Rokit studio monitors.

What I'd like to do is plug in monitor, keyboard, mouse and audio interface into a KVM and be able to flip back and forth between two computers, so that I can be playing games on PC1 with audio coming through the M-Audio/KRK setup and then flip to PC2 and be able to record music through the same M-Audio/KRK setup.

I'm thinking about something like a AAO 4K HDMI KVM Switch 4 Port but I'm wondering what having a switch between the PC and the interface does to singnal quality and reliability.

I wouldn't plan on flipping back and forth between sessions, the work flow would be more like:

working on PC1 and decide to record
flip KVM to PC2 channel
boot PC2
record and create
shutdown PC2
flip KVM to PC1
continue working on PC1

Will the audio interface barf on PC1 when the audio interface flips away to the PC and back?

Back