Guitar rig 4 doesn't work in Cubase Studio 5

Wopev

When I want to use my Guitar rig 4 in my Cubase Studio 5, it gives no sound.
When I use guitar rig 4 straight away it normally works.
How can I solve this problem?

Gr. Wopev

When I want to use my Guitar rig 4 in my Cubase Studio 5, it gives no sound.
When I use guitar rig 4 straight away it normally works.
How can I solve this problem?

Gr. Wopev

You may not be able to. Cubase can be fussy and early versions not work with certain other things. I had to buy Cubase Essentials 6 for instance to get a Mackie Control device to work.

An email to Native Instruments should give you a definitive answer.

Dave.

Cubase Studio 5 is ancient! It was also notorious for being very badly cracked. However - I assume Guitar rig 4 (again, old) works in standalone, and Cubase works fine.

This might be an issue with 32 bit compatibility if your windows is running 64 bit? Firstly though. has it NEVER worked, or just STOPPED working. Solutions will be very different.

Does it appear to be working, but just not produce sound, or does Cubase crash or freeze when you try to use it. We need more info. 9 year old Cubase really is severely in need of an update. Have you done any updates since it worked and now it doesn't.

Cubase Studio 5 is ancient! It was also notorious for being very badly cracked. However - I assume Guitar rig 4 (again, old) works in standalone, and Cubase works fine.

This might be an issue with 32 bit compatibility if your windows is running 64 bit? Firstly though. has it NEVER worked, or just STOPPED working. Solutions will be very different.

Does it appear to be working, but just not produce sound, or does Cubase crash or freeze when you try to use it. We need more info. 9 year old Cubase really is severely in need of an update. Have you done any updates since it worked and now it doesn't.

Yup^! Or...Try Reaper?

Dave.

Back