got a sweet deal on RME digi96/8

James HE

a spoonfull weighs a ton
If your looking for a simple ADAT or spdif capable card go here.
http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/product.cfm?Product_ID=3536

OEM 90 day warranty. cheap. bundled with cubase. cool.

I had been looking for an ADAT card for a bit and stumbled onto this. I needed it to transfer/archive tracks from my ADAT. Simple enough. Really I had wanted The Hammerfall lite but the budget didn't allow right now. And well, gear lust overides patience at all times.. lol

SWEET!!!!!! I was about to throw down more than that for another Terratec EWS88D. But not now!!!! Great find! Thanks for the link!!!! You just save my life!!!

yep no A/D on this board, except via expansion boards. The AEB 4/I is $135, the 8 in is $185. The 4/O goes for $155. I wish they just had a 2 in 2 out expansion. :confused:

no analog i/o isn't an immediate problem for me, my DAW has a Gadget labs 424 so i will be mixingdown and overdubbing on that. Both these cards are (hopefully) going into the same DAW for the time being, until I can build a second DAW for my rehersal space where I track drums. Sucks having my "studio" in 2 seperate locations!! The ADAT is a good solution for now, but when I do get the second DAW, i still have to get outboard converters, the expansion boards or a new card. But that's a while yet.

Re: Re: got a sweet deal on RME digi96/8

PeteHalo said:
It's not Cubase but Cubasis that's included in this package. Big difference.

oh yeah thanks for pointing out my little happy error. :D that is a big difference. I use Vegas anyways. :D

Back