Good VST Virtual Electric Guitar?

J

jokerone

I’m looking for a Virtual Guitar plugin. Not an amp or effects simulation like Guitar Rig or Amplitude, but something like Music Lab’s Real Strat or Vir2 Electr6ity.

I need it to be able to do a convincing percussive palm muting style for reggae rhythm. Most of the demos a hear are “hair band” hard rock/ heavy metal. That is NOT what I want.

If I can get a realistic clean/dry reggae skank/chop/chuck out of it, I’ll had the Wah, reverb, and delay to my taste.
Any suggestions. (A real guitar/session guitarist, lessons, practice, etc.) are not any option, but thanks anyway. :)

I’m looking for a Virtual Guitar plugin. Not an amp or effects simulation like Guitar Rig or Amplitude, but something like Music Lab’s Real Strat or Vir2 Electr6ity.

I need it to be able to do a convincing percussive palm muting style for reggae rhythm. Most of the demos a hear are “hair band” hard rock/ heavy metal. That is NOT what I want.

If I can get a realistic clean/dry reggae skank/chop/chuck out of it, I’ll had the Wah, reverb, and delay to my taste.
Any suggestions. (A real guitar/session guitarist, lessons, practice, etc.) are not any option, but thanks anyway. :)

anybody had any luck with Real Strat or Vir2 Electr6ity?

I'd try a good sampler. If you've got Live there's plenty of guitar sounds in its Simpler and Sampler or there's a physical modelling synth called Tension designed for guitar/string emulation.

In 9 years of VSTi~ing, I've never heard a decent electric guitar and I've heard one borderline passable acoustic lead picking one that had to be surrounded by lots of instruments in the mix to sound convincing. Even trumpet VSTis sound more convincing.

Back