Thread: gigastudio 96 vs. 160

Thanks

gigastudio 96 vs. 160

Sign in to disable this ad
    Does anyone know if there's a dramatic difference between these two? I know 96 means 96 voices, and 160 means 160 voices..but what exactly does that mean? What about midi? I know 96 supports 32 midi channels? So does that mean in my sequencer I can't have more that 32 gigi midi tracks?? Do I you have to buy seperate samples for 96 and 160??

Thanks

Cool Re: gigastudio 96 vs. 160

Originally posted by lothar
    Does anyone know if there's a dramatic difference between these two? I know 96 means 96 voices, and 160 means 160 voices..but what exactly does that mean?
    I'm not a Giga expert, but I think that each note played by an instrument is considered a voice. Following this logic it would infer that you can have many instruments playing notes simultaneously.

What about midi? I know 96 supports 32 midi channels? So does that mean in my sequencer I can't have more that 32 gigi midi tracks??
    You would be better heading over to Tascam.com where there is a dedicated bulletin board for GigaStudio. Read through the previous posts or archives to see if your questions have already been asked. If not, post your questions.

Do I you have to buy seperate samples for 96 and 160??
    No. But, be aware that GS needs a very grunty machine with buckets of RAM in order to run without any glitches. There was a thread early last year that covered this very subject.

--
    BluesMeister
    BluesMeister

Thread Information