Fruity Loops and CD samples?

tokion

Can Fruity Loops be used to sample, say a couple measures of some song from a CD?

If yes, than can I somehow mix that sample into a song I've made on my external sequencer (I have a Yamaha QY700)?

1) Would I have to send the song and the sample to a seperate multitrack recorder (I have a Fostex FD8) in order to mix them? 2) or can I mix them on Fruity Loops?
3) or is there some other PC software that I can use to mix them?

Thanks!

i haven't used the latest version of fruity loops (v3.4), but i don't think it will actually sample (record)....i don't do any sampling, so i'm not sure if there is software that will do this. (there are a lot of software programs out there that are referred to as "samplers" but they don't record , they just play back samples) however, if you have some kind of cd ripping software you can turn the cda file on the cd into a .wav file . you can then edit it in an audio editor, like sound forge or wave lab so that all you have left is the portion you want...if you save this as a .wav file you can then load it into fruity loops.....given the popularity of sampling these days, i'd think that there is software that can sample a cd, though i'm not familiar with any particular program that does this. ..............if i'm wrong about fruity loops and it will actually record samples, let me know.

Back